Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bristol Motor Speedway Christmas Lights

We had heard about the Christmas lights at the Bristol Motor Speedway http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/events/speedway_in_lights/ in Bristol, Tn. a few years ago but had never taken the opportunity to see them until my brother-in-law moved to Johnson City just a few miles away. The light show, which is amazing, is synchronized with music that you listen to in your car as you drive through. You actually get to drive your car inside the Speedway itself onto the track with that famed high embankment. I had visions of driving like Jimmie Johnson for a fleeting second until I realized that my 4 cylinder family car had to exit to continue on the designated path. You only get to drive around 1 lap so I had to keep my speed down and they don't allow drafting. Who would have thought that a speedway could get you in the Christmas spirit. I know that I didn't prior to seeing this huge array of lighting. It was really neat to drive through in the comfort of your own car while staying toastie warm with the car heater. The prices are reasonable at $10/car Sunday thru Thursday and $12/car on Friday and Saturday night. This is a Christmas treat for the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment